Welcome International Students!

Dongguk University Los Angeles welcomes applications globally. International students are an integral part of our student body and contribute to a dynamic environment in which to learn and live.

Admission Requirements

*1 DULA is authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to issue an I-20 and enroll non-immigrant international students into both the Master’s program (MAcHM) and the Doctorate degree (DAcHM).

*2 International students who need an I-20 must apply for admission as full-time students and also submit all the documents listed below.

The following items are required to be considered for admission:

1. Financial Statement

A financial statement, certified by a financial institution, verifying the availability of at least $25,900 for singles, and an additional $3,500 for each adult dependent ($2,500 for each dependent child) in U.S. dollars to verify the availability to pay educational and living expenses for one year. For applicants with sponsors, the Financial Statement must be signed by your sponsor, stating they assume financial responsibility for the designated amount.

2. Passport

A copy of a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the date of entry into the US for the purposes of education at DULA.

3. Visa

Applicants currently studying in the United States on an F-1 visa must submit a photocopy of their I-94 form, I-20 form, visa, and the first page of the passport. A completed transfer release form must be sent to DULA by the school from which the applicant is transferring.

Additional fees may apply for postage and handling overseas/expedited mailing.


By clicking the “SUBMIT” button below, I consent to representatives of Dongguk University Los Angeles reaching out to me regarding advancing my education through email, text messages, and phone calls, as provided below, using automated technology or prerecorded messages. I understand that my consent is not a condition for enrollment, and I have the right to withdraw my consent at any point.

    Application Deadlines

    DULA accepts new students four times a year: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. There are two application submission dates for each quarter, General and Late. General application deadline for the following quarter is by Friday of the 7th week and the late application deadline for concurrent quarter is by Friday of the 1st week during a school quarter. For specific dates, please refer to the DULA’s Academic Calendar.

    English Language Requirements

    The language requirement for English program is satisfied by;

    • Four years at a U.S. high school demonstrably delivered in English
    • At least two-years (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) of undergraduate-or graduate-level education in an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education;
    • At least two-years (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) of undergraduate-or graduate-level education demonstrably delivered in English;
    • High school or two-years (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) of undergraduate- or graduate-level education in an institution in one of the following countries or territories: American Samoa; Anguilla; Antigua & Barbuda;Australia; Bahamas; Barbados; Belize; Bermuda; Botswana; British Virgin Islands;Cameroon; Canada (except Quebec); Cayman Islands; Christmas Island; CookIslands; Dominica; Federated States of Micronesia; Fiji; The Gambia; Ghana;Gibraltar; Grenada; Guam; Guyana; Ireland; Isle of Man; Jamaica; Kenya; Lesotho;Liberia; Malawi; Montserrat; Namibia; New Zealand; Nigeria; Norfolk Island;Papua New Guinea; Philippines; Pitcairn Islands; Sierra Leone; Singapore; SouthAfrica; South Sudan; St. Helena; St. Kitts & Nevis; St. Lucia; St. Vincent & theGrenadines; Swaziland; Tanzania; Trinidad and Tobago; Turks and Caicos Islands;United Kingdom; U.S. Virgin Islands; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe.

    In all cases, English must have been both the language of instruction and the language of the curriculum used.


    The applicant must have completed one of the following assessments at the required level:

    • Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT) –  Total: 61
    • International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic Format –  Overall band: 6
    • Duolingo English Test –  90
    • China Standard of English Language (CSE) –  CSE 6
    • Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) –  C
    • Cambridge English Advanced –  C
    • Common European Framework Reference (CEFR) – B2
    • Occupational English Test (OET) – 250, C
    • Pearson Test of English (PTE), Academic – Overall: 45

    Download Application Files

    If you would like to process paper application, please send application materials to:

    New Student Orientation

    All new students must attend the New Student Orientation and Registration session. The orientation reviews financial aid and registration options, the academic calendar, college policies, and the Doctoral/Master’s program. Please contact the admissions office for assistance prior to orientation for special needs assistance or special scheduling issues.

    Please refer to the academic calendar for more information about the new student orientation date of each academic quarter.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    The application process is the same for all applicants regardless of citizenship or country of residence. Review and follow our Application Process.

    Upon requesting the I-20 form from a school, international students are required to complete Form I-901 and pay a SEVIS processing fee for F-1 visas.

    DULA is committed to meeting demonstrated financial need for all admitted students (regardless of citizenship) who have requested financial aid during the application process.

    We do not offer merit scholarships outside of a limited number of athletic scholarships. If you are not a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident or an undocumented student, your request for financial aid will be a factor in our admission evaluation. While financial aid resources are limited for international citizens, DULA does offer admission to a number of these applicants each year.

    We accept applications throughout the year, and you can start in any quarter.

    Yes, transcripts and teacher recommendations must be translated into English. Original copies must also be submitted when applicable. Applicants cannot translate the documents themselves. We recommend asking your English teacher or other school official to translate for you.

    A foreign student who seeks entry into the United States typically needs to obtain a U.S. visa, which is usually issued by U.S. consulates or embassies outside the U.S. Generally, the visa is provided in the form of a stamp in the traveler’s passport.

    U.S. customs officials verify your visa at any port of entry, airport, or land border crossing to determine your eligibility for entry into the U.S. under a specific immigration category, such as F-1, J-1, H-1B, or O-1.

    For more information, please visit: What is a U.S. Visa?