There are two categories of scholarships: didactic & clinical. All students in the program are considered for the scholarship reward.
- Didactic Merit scholarship:
- Criteria: Candidates are selected based on academic excellence, they must have a high GPA and be in the top 10 of their class. All candidates must have been enrolled in a minimum of 36 units within the last 4 consecutive quarters. The scholarship award will be determined by the Academic Committee once the candidates have been selected. Candidate selection takes place at the beginning of the fall quarter in the current academic year.
- President Merit scholarship (The best student): $1000 per year
- Dean Merit scholarship (The second-best student): $500 per year
- Clinical Merit scholarship:
- Criteria: Clinic supervisors will recommend to the Clinic Director outstanding interns as the scholarship recipient candidates. The Clinic Director will choose one outstanding student, from the recommended interns, who will then be rewarded the scholarship through EC approval.
- Clinic Director Merit scholarship: $500 per year
DULA believes to achieve its institutional mission and accomplish the program educational objectives, a high standard of academic performance should be encouraged and maintained. As such, the purpose of the new incoming student scholarship is to attract and encourage prospective students with outstanding academic achievements to enroll in MSOM program and become a part of DULA community. The New Incoming Student Scholarship is only applied for the MSOM program.
For further information regarding external scholarships, please click here.