HOW TO APPLY
If you are trying to apply for our DAOM program, you must graduate from Master's Program or Master's level program in Oriental Medicine from an accredited or candidate institution.
Once you have met these requirements above, you may proceed with your application. We offer a Fillable PDF Application. Please make sure you prepare all the required documents below;
1. Completion of your paper application written in English
2. Non-refundable $100 application fee / $200 for international students (I-20 fee included)
* Late fee $20 will be applied on late applications. Please check our application deadlines below.
* Application fee can be paid by check, money order, wire transfer or you can call us at 213 ) 487-0110 with your credit card account information. Check or money order should be made payable to Dongguk University Los Angeles or DULA.
3. Two Passport-sized color photos in white, black or light blue background taken within 3 months
4. Personal statement essay approximately 500 words written in English
5. Two letters of recommendation written in English including evaluator's statements and signatures
7. A copy of California Acupuncture License
8. A professional current resume
9. A copy of copies of Diploma(s) from previous OM colleges and/or universities
10. Sealed official transcripts from previous colleges and/or universities
11. Course-by-Course transcripts credential evaluation outside of the U.S. (If applicable)
* Credential evaluation is the way in which academic and professional degrees earned in one country are compared to those earned in another. Please visit http://www.naces.org/ and select one of institutions listed. Evaluation must include equivalency of education.
12. Proof of English proficiency (* Section of English Proficiency)
13. Proof of residency
- F-1 Visa or other Visas Holders: A copy of valid passport and F-1 Visa or other proper visas.
English proficiency is critical to your success at DULA. If you don't meet our language requirements, you are not allowed to start studying at DULA.
The English proficiency requirement is satisfied by;
- A minimum score of 61 including speaking 26 and listening 22 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Internet-Based Test (IBT) or a level 6 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Exam
60 semester units or 90 quarter units of baccalaureate level education taught in English at an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education, or from an equivalent English Language institution in another country
DULA accepts new students four times a year: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. There are two application submission dates for each quarter, General and Late. General application deadline for the following quarter is by Friday of the 7th week and the late application deadline for concurrent quarter is by Friday of the 1st week during a school quarter. For specific dates, please refer to DULA's DAOM Academic Calendar.
WHERE TO APPLY
PAPER APPLICATION - DOWNLOAD FILLABLE PDF FILES BELOW
- Application Form
- Letter of Recommendation Form
- Personal Statement Essay Form
- Affidavit of Support Form
Please send application materials to:
THE NEXT STEPS
Once all required documents have been received, an admissions interview will be scheduled on DULA's campus. We strongly encourage you to attend this in-person interview. If you are not available to come for the in-person interview, you will be provided paper interview instead. Your answers will be reviewed and used for your acceptance.
You will be notified official admissions committee’s decision within a week of your interview.
Meet our DAOM Coordinator to discuss your class registration! It is very important that you plan your resitration ahead for your future academic schedule. You can visit our campus for counselling in person or email about your questionaires. Our DAOM Coordinator can be reached by email [email protected] or the phone 213) 487-0110.
NEW STUDENTS ORIENTATION
You will be notified of the New Students Orientation date and the time from our DAOM Coordinator after your acceptance is confirmed. The Orienation normally takes place on the week of the quarter start and mandatory to start your new path at DULA. There, you will become familar with environment of our school, meet our academic advisors and your future classmates. If you have any curiosities, please bring them into the Orientation! Our staff will kindly response them. Also, it would be a best time to talk to our Financial Aid Officer if you are planning to apply.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Speak with our Admissions Officer right now! You will be advised all admissions inquiries from the beginning to the end.
Hours of Operation: 9:00am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Phone Number: 213) 487-0110 Fax Number: 213) 487-0527 Email: [email protected]