HOW TO APPLY
If you are trying to apply for our DAOM program, you must graduate from Master's Program or Master's level program in Oriental Medicine from an accredited or candidate institution.
Once you have met these requirements above, you may proceed with your application. We offer a Fillable PDF Application. Please make sure you prepare all the required documents below;
1. Completion of your paper application written in English
2. Non-refundable $100 application fee / $200 for international students (I-20 fee included)
* Late fee $20 will be applied on late applications. Please check our application deadlines below.
* Application fee can be paid by check, money order, wire transfer or you can call us at 213 ) 487-0110 with your credit card account information. Check or money order should be made payable to Dongguk University Los Angeles or DULA.
3. Two Passport-sized color photos in white, black or light blue background taken within 3 months
4. Personal statement essay approximately 500 words written in English
5. Two letters of recommendation written in English including evaluator's statements and signatures
6. Affidavit of support form with supporting bank statements issued within 6 months (For international students)
7. A copy of California Acupuncture License
8. A professional current resume
9. A copy of copies of Diploma(s) from previous OM colleges and/or universities
10. Sealed official transcripts from previous colleges and/or universities
11. Course-by-Course transcripts credential evaluation outside of the U.S. (If applicable)
* Credential evaluation is the way in which academic and professional degrees earned in one country are compared to those earned in another. Please visit http://www.naces.org/ and select one of institutions listed. Evaluation must include equivalency of education.
12. Proof of English proficiency (* Section of English Proficiency)
13. Proof of residency
- U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents: A copy of valid passport, birth certificate, naturalization certificate or permanent resident card
- F-1 Visa or other Visas Holders: A copy of valid passport and F-1 Visa or other proper visas.
English proficiency is critical to your success at DULA. If you don't meet our language requirements, you are not allowed to start studying at DULA.
For details on TOEFL, please visit www.toefl.org. DULA TOEFL code is C036.
For details on IELTS, please visit www.ielts.org.
The English proficiency requirement is satisfied by;
DULA accepts new students four times a year: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. There are two application submission dates for each quarter, General and Late. General application deadline for the following quarter is by Friday of the 7th week and the late application deadline for concurrent quarter is by Friday of the 1st week during a school quarter. For specific dates, please refer to DULA's DAOM Academic Calendar.