Capstone Project Process
- Register for DPD 823A - Professional Capstone Development: summative I. DPD723A and DPD723B are prerequisites for this course.
- Throughout the quarter, the student and mentor should plan to meet a minimum of 5 times and begin filling out the Capstone Project Progress Report (A physical copy of this form may also be requested from DAOM Coordinator).
- By the end of the quarter, the student should have completed the first draft of their final written project.
- Register for DPD 823B - Professional Capstone Development: summative I. DPD723A, DPD723B, and DPD823A are prerequisites for this course.
- Students will be given the period for three (3) academic quarters, beginning when they register on this course, in which that by the end of third quarters, the final capstone project should be completed, accepted and approved by the DAOM Capstone committee. If the students fail to complete and get the approval for their final project, students will need to re-enroll in this course again, otherwise the students will still be considered as “Incomplete” for this course.
- By the end of the 2nd quarter, the student should be finished with their Capstone Project and be prepared to present their project and oral defense. An additional of one (1) quarter will be given to the students if they have not completed with their Capstone Project by the end of the 2nd quarter.
- The student should meet with their mentor at least four (4) times before the end of 8th week of the academic quarter to finalize their written project as well as their presentation.
Please note: the student will have 15 minutes to present their final Capstone Project with an additional 5 minutes for questions from the Capstone Committee. The students who are presenting their Capstone Project will present before the students who are presenting their Capstone Proposals.
- Before concluding the meeting, the student must sign the Capstone Presentation Registration Form (A physical copy of this form may also be requested from DAOM Coordinator). This signed form should then be submitted to the DAOM Coordinator along with the student’s Capstone Project Progress Report.
- The Capstone Project Materials should be sent to [email protected]:
- A written proposal in PDF format
- A powerpoint presentation in ppt format
- The deadline to turn in the Capstone Project Materials is the Monday of the 10th week of the academic quarter.
- Capstone Presentations will be held on Friday of the 10th Week of the academic quarter in the 4th Floor of Conference Room (Room 401). Presentations times will be announced earlier in the quarter by the DAOM Coordinator.
- Type of Results:
- DAOM Capstone Committee holds a full right and liberate for the decision of the students’ Capstone Project as “Full Acceptance”, “Conditional Acceptance” and/or “No Acceptance”.
- If the student receives a “Full Acceptance,” the student may proceed to send their Capstone Project to the printer. Please refer to the Printing Process section.
- If the student receives a “Conditional Acceptance,” he/she are not authorized to print their Capstone Project until they have revised their project to adhere to the Capstone Committee’s standards and suggestions.
- Upon receiving a “Conditional Acceptance,” the student will have two weeks to meet with their mentor and revise their project.
- Students who receive a “Conditional Acceptance” are not required to re-do their oral presentation. The evaluation will be mainly from their written portion.
- The project is then re-evaluated by the Capstone Committee, and the DAOM Coordinator will email the results shortly after.
- If the student receives the following results:
- “Full Acceptance” - the student is now authorized to print their Capstone project.
- “Conditional Acceptance” - the student is still not authorized to print their Capstone project. If the student fills out the Capstone Project Extension Petition Form (A physical copy of this form may also be requested from DAOM Coordinator) and the form is accepted by the DAOM Administration, then the student is granted an additional two weeks to revise their proposal.
- From this point, the student will either receive “Full Acceptance” or “No Acceptance.”
- “No Acceptance” - the student is not authorized to print their Capstone project and must retake DPD823A and DPD823B.
- The Capstone Committee will deliberate the following week, and the student will receive the results of their project shortly after.
The Printing Process
The student may proceed to print their Capstone Project when granted “Full Acceptance” by the DAOM Capstone Committee. Printed copies of the final project are one of the requirements to graduate from the DAOM program. A total of five (5) copies must be printed. Three (3) copies will be given to the DAOM Administration, and two (2) copies will be kept by the student.
The recommended printer information is as follows:
Address: 1001 South Vermont Ave #203, Los Angeles, CA, 90006
Phone Number: (213) 385-7939
Upon receiving the printed copies of the student’s final Capstone Project, the DAOM Administration will send a notification the student has successfully completed their Capstone Project.