LEVEL I REQUIREMENTS & APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Requirements for Entrance:
To apply Level I internship, Students must have successfully completed 60 units of didactic courses and these pre-requisite courses should be included.
OM 121/211 Basic Theory of OM I, II
OM 221/311/312 At least Two of OM Diagnosis I, II, III
HB 110 Introduction to Botany and Herbs
HB 211/212/213/214 At least Two of Herbs: Category I, II, III, IV
AC 211 Meridian Theory
AC 111/112 Acupuncture Anatomy I, II
BS 211/212/213/214 At least Two of Anatomy & Physiology I, II, III, IV
WM 110 WM Terminology
WM 210 CNT, Equipment & Safety Review
WM 321 CPR & First Aid
Steps to Registration:
1. Clinic registration occurs the week after academic registration to allow students to plan shifts around their academic schedule. Registration days are set-up by level, with priority given to more senior interns. Information of registration periods will be posted on the clinic bulletin board at least 1 week in advance of the beginning of registration.
2. On your registration day schedule shifts for the upcoming quarter with the OMC Manager. Scheduling shift is on first come first serve basis.
3. The OMC Manager will input your shifts into the school’s main registration system.
4. Intern orientation session is held at the beginning of each quarter and attendance is mandatory.
5. Purchase clinical equipment (DULA scrub, stethoscope, sphygmomanometer, thermometer, Tweezer, ear acupuncture probe, etc.)
Requirements for Completion of Level I Observation and Herbal Practicum:
1. 200 Hours: 80 hours Observation Theater, 80 hours Observation Rounds, 40 hours Herbal Practicum
2. Successful pass of Intern Evaluations by Clinical Faculty
3. Successful completion of A Case study