Student Grievance

A Grievance is a complaint or allegation on student(s) against other student(s), faculty, staff or DULA administration. For example: being treated unfairly, wrong or discriminated in academic performance by faculty, student, or others, violations of DULA procedures or policies, infringement of established or inferred rights, violation against ethical conduct, etc. Grievance may not be filed solely to repeal DULA regulations or policies, but may address how a regulation or policy was reached, interpreted or implemented. 



Student may file a complaint about a concern, issue, and/or problem which they reasonably believe impedes their academic studies or which they find objectively questionable about any instructor, staff member, administrator or student with the university’s Grievance form, to the MSOM Student Services Coordinator. The Grievance form can be obtained at DULA front desk. The MSOM Student Services Coordinator will then transmit the submit the form to the Dean of Academic Affairs who also serves as the Complaint Designee.  The Complaint Designee will review the matter, and if more information is required before attempting to unilaterally recommend a resolution of the matter, the Complaint Designee will investigate the matter thoroughly, including interviewing all individuals (including the reporting student) and reviewing all documents that relate or may potentially relate to the matter in question.

Once the Complaint Designee has concluded his/her investigation, the Complaint Designee will report the matter to the Executive Committee (The President, Dean of Academic Affairs, Compliance Advisor, Chief of Operating Officer, OMC Director), along with a recommendation for resolution.  If the Executive Committee concurs with the Complaint Designee’s recommendation, then the matter will be accordingly disposed of.  If not, then further discussion will be held until a majority of the Executive Council agrees to a particular resolution of the matter.  Depending on the parties involved, the nature and seriousness of the issues concerned, and any other factors which must be taken into account in order to properly resolve the matter, a wide variety of actions may be taken.  

In the event the reporting students, or others involved, are displeased with the manner for disposition arrived at by the Executive Committee, they may petition to any member of the Executive Committee to request that the matter be reopened and that it be reviewed as though it had been first reported to the entire Executive Council.  If no member of the Executive Committee will make such a request, then the matter shall stand as originally disposed of.  

Once the matter is final, written notice of the Executive Committee’s decision will be transmitted within a reasonable time not to exceed 30 days to the reporting student and any other appropriate parties.  The matter shall, however, remain a private one and no publication of the matter shall be made, even with the consent of all non-DULA parties involved, unless not to do so would constitute a serious breach of justice.  


Should the reporting student, or any other affected party remain displeased with the outcome of the matter provided by the university, they may contact:


Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine

ACAOM is located at 8941 Aztec Drive, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55347;

Phone 952/212-2434; fax 301/313-0912.


Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education

A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education by calling via phone or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau's Internet Web site.


2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA

95833 P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798- 0818

(888) 370-7589 (Telephone), (916) 431-6959 (Telephone), (916) 263-1897 (Fax)


California Acupuncture Board

1747 N. Market Blvd, Suite 180, Sacramento, CA 95834

Tel (916) 515-5200, Fax (916) 928-2204